In the most recent years, retinol or vitamin A is one of the most used active substances in the anti-ageing cosmetic industry. It is because of this that it has been known as the “eternal youth agent”.
In Freihaut Cosmetics we don't want to ignore the numerous benefits of this active substance and we launch The Active, a range full of vitamin A in all its forms (retinol, retinoic acid and palmitate).
The properties of The Active range can be summarised as follows:
- It stimulates the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, thus “filling” the skin and its structure, and fighting against flaccidity and wrinkles.
- It promotes regeneration (cell turnover) creating some peeling effect which helps to get rid of the upper skin layers (the most damaged ones) in an easy way and they are changed by new ones.
- It is a great antioxidant ingredient that prevents the formation of free radicals.
- It regulates the melanin production, so it helps to control blemishes and the typical “blemished layer” on the skin.
- It is very useful to regulate the sebaceous gland; in fact, retinol was first used as a successful treatment against acne.
In The Active range we have combined retinol and other last generation active substances to develop a global skincare range that treats every problem of mature skins.
In other words, The Active is the skin fitness coach to maintain it in a good shape, unchangeable in spite of the passing of time.